Hello everyone! First I must apologize for not posting in quite a while. Sometimes we go through a busy period in our lives and just do not have time to do the things we love. I have been working full time, but mostly spending time with my family. My husband and son are avid curlers – so we have been going to a few curling bonspiels. Also, trying to spend some time with Carter – he is growing so quickly. I actually got to see him smile the other day – it was the best feeling. I also can’t forget to mention Stef – as she has been awesome in bringing Carter to these curling events – who knows maybe some day Carter will take up curling like his Dad, Grandpa and Great Grandpa. Here Carter is posing with Dad at the Sydenham Curling Club.
My MIL needed a card for a friend of hers who will be celebrating her 50th Wedding Anniversary. She had requested that it have a Red Hat Ladies theme to the card. I have a little shine showing on the LH side of the card, but I did not have time to take another picture. I wanted to try and incorporate the golden wedding colours, which is gold, so I used it for one of the mats and then added the ribbon and gold brads to snazzz it up a little. My MIL has belonged to the Red Hat Society for quite a few years now and she absolutely loves it – they do a lot of great stuff for the community, but of course the main idea is for them to have fun dressing up in the red and purple colours.
- Stamps: Ooh-La0La Red Hat – Stampabilities and Happy Anniversary – Endless Creations Inc.
- Paper: Real Red, Brushed Gold, Purple – Michaels, Whisper White
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark with Black Embossing Powder
- Copics: V17, BV08, R29, Blender 0
- Other: Script Cuttlebug Folder, Gold Ribbon – Michaels, Gold Brads, Nestabilities: Classic Square Small S4-128 and Classic Scalloped Square Large S4-127
Hope you are having a great day! Life is like a game of cards – the hand that is dealt you represents determinism; the way you play it is free will – Jawaharal Nehru.