We are so fortunate to have such great friends – not only are we receiving many congratulatory phone calls, but we have also received a Grandparent’s Brag Book – which I am pretty sure won’t be very hard to fill with pictures of Carter and family. Jerry’s co-worker gave us a beautiful picture frame entitled – Our Grandchild – Grandkids are gifts from above, to cherish and to love. We hope to get a special picture of Carter to fill this beautiful frame.
So I figured I better get on it and make a special thank you card for these great friends.
- Stamps: Spring Pictograms – SU, Diaper Pin – Stampabilities
- Paper: Whisper White, Textured Green
- Ink: Bashful Blue, Yo Yo Yellow, Pretty in Pink, Versafine Black
- Accessories: Scor-Pal to make gridlines, 1-1/4 & 1-3/8 punches, Eucalyptus Stickles
- Comments: There is a gridline on the white and also on the green papers (difficult to see in the picture)
I made this baby boy card for Oliver and his parents, Ben and Ashley. We are good friends with Ben’s parents, Les and Fran, and wanted to welcome Oliver into the world. He created some excitement for his first-time parents, as he required some surgery, but he came through the operation with great success. One of my found favourite quotes to new moms and dads is: A baby makes love stronger, the days shorter, the nights longer, savings smaller, and a home happier. I am sure that Ben and Ashley will have plenty of joy with their new son. Congratulations!
I hope you’re not thinking that this post is about me! I attended a baby shower this weekend for my daughter-in-law, who is expecting our first grandchild. As they have chosen not to find out the sex of the baby – I worked on making a card that was not geared to boy or girl. You know – that is not the easiest task. So I decided to incorporate a few colours into the card. As you can see, there is pink and blue – the traditional girl/boy colours and I also added in some yellow and green. The DP was put in last minute to add a little more pizzazz to the card. The sheer ribbon helps to soften up the look of the card and of course, I had to put some cuttlebugging in the background. Hope you like it!
- Stamps: Expectafellabella from Stamping Bella
- Paper: Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Barely Banada, Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue and the DP is Baby Safari from Little Yellow Bicycle
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
- Accessories: Floral Fantasy Cuttlebug Folder, Variegated Sheer Ribbon, Prismacolor Colored Pencils and Gamsol