Christmas is on its way – 26 days and counting! It hardly seems like we have time to get ready for it. Here are a couple of really quick cards that I made. I decided to try it in two different colour schemes – not sure which one I like better. You can’t tell from the picture, but I used the cuttlebug D’Vine Swirl folder on the DP and thought it was pretty cool.
- Stamps: Hope Peace Joy – Fontworks
- Paper: Whisper White, Red/Green – Michaels Paper Packs, DP – not sure
- Ink: Versamark
- Accessories: Gold Ribbon – Hobby Lobby, D’Vine Swirl Cuttlebug Folder, Gold Embossing Powder, Nestabilities S4-112 & S4-113
It’s that time of year to get your Christmas card list out. I hope to be able to make all of mine this year and not have to buy any store bought ones. However, my work schedule is getting in the way of my crafting time. Anyhow, I decided to put the “Spotlight on Christmas” today and get my mojo in gear. I found a beautiful card on SCS here by Christy S. and just had to reproduce it – so I can’t take the credit for this one. I changed the Designer Paper and the sentiment for my card, but left the design/sketch exactly like hers. This card was so much fun to make, that I will definitely be making some more for all of my good friends.
- Stamps: In The Spotlight – SU, Merry Christmas – Penny Black
- Paper: Old Olive, Ruby Red, White, DP – Peppermint Twist
- Ink: Ruby Red, Old Olive
- Accessories: Boho Blossoms Punch, Gold Brads
Thank you for looking.
How do you like these non-traditional Christmas colours? I’m thinking these two guys would love to see some snow to get us in the Christmas mood.
- Stamps: Just Celebrate and Heard from the Heart – Stampin Up
- Paper: White, Basic Black, Pink Passion – Stampin Up
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
- Accessories: SU Markers – Real Red, Lovely Lilac, Pumpkin Pie, Black Polka Dot Ribbon, Snowflakes Cuttlebug, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Pop Dots
I love making Christmas cards. Even though it may seem early to be thinking of Christmas – if you send quite a few cards, then you need to start this early to get them done in time to mail them.
This is very simple card. The most work involved in applying the glue pen to the ribbon portion of the stamp and then sprinkling with glitter. Gotta have glitter on the Christmas cards. I used the traditional Christmas colours on this card – red and green and of course, white. I inked the stamp up with markers, instead of an ink pad to be able to use 2 colours. I like the saying on this stamp.
- Stamps: One of the Joys… from Stampabilities
- Paper: SU – White, Old Olive, Real Red
- Markers: SU markers – Old Olive and Real Red
- Accessories: Nestabilities S4-132 & S4-133, Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter
Hi Everyone! Hope you are having a great day. I have started to work on making some Christmas cards because before you know it, it will be time to pop them in the mail and Christmas will be here.
I was browsing the SCS Gallery and came across a very beautiful card by mamascraper. For this card, I changed the sentiment and used a couple different colours. I used Rich Razzleberry, Basic Gray and White for the cardstock. I stamped the snowflakes in Old Olive and Purely Pomegranate inks (I do not have Rich Razzleberry) – added the silver brads for a bit of pizzazz. The piercing was done to give the look of hanging ornaments. Thanks to mamascraper for inspiring this card.
- Stamps: Snowflake Spot – SU, Merry Christmas – Penny Black
- Paper: Rich Razzleberry, Basic Gray, Whisper White
- Ink: Purely Pomegranate, Old Olive
- Other: Silver Brads, 1-3/8 punch, 1-1/4 punch, Piercing